Wording of the announcement

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 28 13:12:28 EDT 2008

Quoting Conor O'Neill <conor_lists at puddle.co.uk>:

> How about something like:
>

> Getting GnuCash
> GnuCash 2.2.5 can be downloaded from gnucash.org or sourceforge.net. It
> runs on most flavours of Linux, together with Mac and Microsoft Windows.
> It is available as source code.  For many Linux distributions, pre-built
> packages are available. For the Microsoft Windows operating
> system there is a self-installing setup program which includes all
> necessary additional libraries.

Except we don't provide pre-built binaries for Mac or Linux..  We
only provide pre-built binaries for Windows.  On Mac or Linux you need
to either build it yourself or wait for your distribution to provide
the pre-built package.

While I do agree that the wording of the announcement could be improved,
your suggested wording implies distribution that is not the case.