crash on start 2.2.5 on opensuse10.3

Johannes Kapune listen at kapune.de
Wed Apr 30 10:38:13 EDT 2008

Am Mittwoch, den 30.04.2008, 09:27 -0400 schrieb Derek Atkins:
> Johannes Kapune <listen at kapune.de> writes:
>
> > Hi again,
> >> > >
> > autogen.sh
> > ./configure --enable-compile-warnings
> > make
> > make install (root)

> Why not just install the GnuCash binary package that's available
> for OpenSuSE?
the last version on opensuse I found is 2.2.0 from Sept07
(rpm-packages) are there an actual binary anywhere else?

I thought it would be a good idea to use the last one, QIF-import is one
thing I would like to have

> >> 3a1-125
>
> Huh..  This is the package that OpenSuSE ships?
what is wrong with this version? What would be a better one?

> The problem isn't in GnuCash -- the problem is in SLIB.
> Removing report-gnome.scm would just mean you have no reporting.
> But the problem is just you; there are many happy (well, somewhat
> happy) OpenSuSE GnuCash users.
I'm used to be the problem quite often.
But in this case my opinion is to use the latest released version.

thanks for your explanations and help

Johannes