crash on start 2.2.5 on opensuse10.3

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 30 09:27:03 EDT 2008

Johannes Kapune <listen at kapune.de> writes:

> Hi again,
>> > >
> autogen.sh
> ./configure --enable-compile-warnings
> make
> make install (root)

Why not just install the GnuCash binary package that's available
for OpenSuSE?

>> > Did you have GnuCash installed prior to this?
>> no, that was the first test to install gnucash on this computer
>>
>> > What version of SLIB do you have installed?
>> 3a1-125

Huh..  This is the package that OpenSuSE ships?

>> > [snip]
> [...]
>> >
>> > This would imply an error in slib's "sprintf" function....
>> >
> I tried the same after I delete all gnucash-files except I downloaded
>>From svn.
> I store the whole output from terminal window. If it helps I will sent
> it to the list (855k).
> The bottom line as last shows: business-gnome
>
> How can I fix my problem?
> Is there an easy way to disable for example: report-gnome.scm?

The problem isn't in GnuCash -- the problem is in SLIB.
Removing report-gnome.scm would just mean you have no reporting.
But the problem is just you; there are many happy (well, somewhat
happy) OpenSuSE GnuCash users.