ugly workaround: suse 10.2 has only SWIG 1.3.29 (was: weird SWIG syntax error with "inline" keyword)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Mon Aug 11 10:43:34 EDT 2008

Quoting "Frank H. Ellenberger" <f.ellenberger at online.de>:
> After a local revert of your patch, I had no problems to compile again.
> I watched nothing special in the output.
> I hope this will stay until I have the time, to update my system.

What I did with my OpenSuSE 10.2 was simply this: I manually compiled
and installed swig-1.3.31 from a tarball, with ./configure
--prefix=/usr. In effect, this blatantly ignores the package manager
and audaciously installs a newer swig on top of the package manager's
one. However, starting from a clean checkout gnucash will now build
perfectly fine. Using an old build directory doesn't work, though,
because of the mixup of old and new swig stuff.

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Christian