Reconcile Window: Date widget broken?

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 11 14:17:52 EDT 2008

On Aug 11, 2008, at 2:03 PM, Phil Longstaff wrote:

> David Reiser wrote:
>> On Aug 11, 2008, at 1:00 PM, David T. wrote:
>>
>>> With 2.2.6 (Intel Mac, OS 10.5.4), I have found that the Reconcile
>>> Date widget is not performing as expected or as it used to. It used
>>> to be that one could use keyboard shortcuts to adjust the date here
>>> (the minus key moved back a day, shift minus went a week, etc.).
>>> Now, if you try to do that, the date jumps to today's date, and
>>> nothing else. It changes to the current date also if you manually
>>> change the date, or even if you first click in the date field and
>>> then click somewhere else in the dialog (without attempting to
>>> change the value). The only way that it works now is by using the
>>> calendar to select the date.
>>>
>>> David
>>
>> It works for me.
>>
>> How are you installing gnucash? (fink, macports, manually) What
>> version of gtk+ are you using.
>>
> It happens for me, too.  Started with 2.2.6.  Win32 (WinXP SP2)
> pre-built binary downloaded from sourceforge.
>
> Phil

In prior versions, was focus on the date field when the dialog opened?
I just noticed that when I get into the Reconcile dialog, the cursor
is in the closing balance field. I do have to tab a bunch of times
(shift-tab doesn't work) to get to the date field before the -/+ keys
work for the date.

Dave
--
David Reiser