Problem with win32 package

Cristian Marchi cri79 at libero.it
Sat Dec 20 07:14:38 EST 2008

I get an error that almost make GnuCash 2.2.8 unusable under windows:
when I launch the program I get a series of prompt windows with the
message "program too big for the memory" (translated from Italian); all
the prompt windows are titled "gconfd-2". After some 20 or 30 of this
window that opens and close immediatly in rapid succession, GnuCash
starts and I get the following error message "An error occured while
configuration settings may not work properly"; then there are the
following details:

Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that
you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS
locks due to a system crash. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/
for information. (Details -  2: IOR file
'C:\DOCUME~1\PCNEW~1\IMPOST~1\Temp\gconfd-pc new/lock/ior' not opened
successfully, no gconfd located: No such file or directory)
[...]

I tried to download the installer multiple times and used it on two
different machine equipped with XP but I always get the same behavoir.

Thanks
Cristian