Attempting to change the user language from Spanish to English

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 29 10:13:34 EST 2008

Hi,

bradley byers <bradleybc at hotmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have just installed version gnucash-2.2.8-setup.exe
> 			of gnucash from Sourceforge.net.  Upon installing the program, it appears to have automatically selected Spanish for the interface, as I live in Spain and my version of Windows XP is in Spanish.
>
> Could you please help me to change the user language to English?  I have been studying the manual and all the user preference options and cannot seem to locate this detail.

You need to set the LANG or LANGUAGE variable in the gnucash.bat
file to reset the locale for GnuCash.

> Thanks a lot,
>
> Bradley Byers
> (34) 600 49 87 83

-derek

PS: This is a user question and should have been asked on
gnucash-user, not here.