Income/Expenses report

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Wed Dec 31 14:14:23 EST 2008

On Mon, Dec 22, 2008 at 03:03:50AM -0500, Tim Vail wrote:
> I was doing some work improving the performance of the reports.

great! thanks!

> Attached patch should improve the cash flow report by a factor of 7 or so (19
> sec to 2-3 sec for me).

I haven't reviewed this yet, though I will once I get caught up (in a
week or so). A cursory look suggests that you're just caching a lot of
stuff and I've had similarly good results doing this in reports as
well.

> Anyways, while I was doing some research on what people working on the SQL
> backend were saying, here's what I saw:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/gnucash-devel%40gnucash.org/msg21775.html
>
> When I read that, I realized I had fixed that, and decided I should include
> the part that takes care of that in this patch.  This part of the patch
> doesn't really improve report performance, but it does eliminate double
> query.  I have a more exhaustive patch to the net worth barchart (the
> income/expenses chart report is affected by that) that improves performance
> from 8 sec to almost instantly.  But that is the part I'd like to clean up
> some more first.

the email referenced above specifically refers to the income
statement. I'd love to see what you've done with that.

> This patch is svn diff against the trunk.

perfect