testing the book zeroing code (maybe for backport?)

Andrew Sackville-West andrew at swclan.homelinux.org
Wed Feb 6 10:16:53 EST 2008

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 08:39:52AM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Andrew Sackville-West <andrew at swclan.homelinux.org> writes:
>
> > Now that I've muddied the discussion, I withhold my vote pending some
> > more firm idea of the proposed release date for 2.4.
>
> I suspect 2.4 wont be out until the end of '08 at the earliest.

well then it is my opinion that regardless of what happens, it should
go out *before* the next round of "how do I close the books"
emails whether that means BP or not.

I *still* haven't tested it (school's got me so busy) but I would
agree with Tim, that maybe there should be some indicator of progress,
or at least a "now closing books, this may take a while" notice. But
that's by no meanas a deal breaker for me, just a courtesy for those
of us with big files.

very .02ish

ps what about "this is an experimental feature..."?