testing the book zeroing code (maybe for backport?)

Tim Wunder tim at thewunders.org
Wed Feb 6 11:42:53 EST 2008

On Wednesday 06 February 2008 11:33:42 am Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net>:
> > Is there a convenient way to count total transactions? I have about
>
> [z]cat datafile | grep gnc:transaction | wc
>
> -derek

Won't that double the actual transaction count since there's a beginning and
ending gnc:transaction?
FWIW:
$ zcat G2finances.xac |grep "gnc:transaction" |wc
  18972   28458  502758
$ zcat G2finances.xac |grep "trn:desc" |wc
   9486   19225  487813

$ zcat G2finances.xac |grep "act:name" |wc
    329     470   11999

Tim