GDA: empty PostgreSQL table failed workaround

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Feb 14 12:44:35 EST 2008

Phil Longstaff <plongstaff at rogers.com> writes:

> Derek, any thoughts on the 3.x vs 1.3.x question (from another thread)?
> If we try to target the gda backend for GC 2.4 (I saw a suggested
> release date near the end of the 2008), what is the "supported" set of
> linux releases (fedora 6 and above, suse 10.3 and above, mandriva 2007
> and above, ...).  My guess is that many of them will still have 1.3.x,
> though 3.x will be available (or would the GC project need to supply
> built libgda binaries in a case where we depend on a version newer than
> is supplied in the distro?).

We usually decide this sometime closer to the release.  Right now I'd
say Fedora 7 (or maybe even Fedora 8, although I'm still on 7 myself)
as the base.  I would say only 3.x, not 1.x.  It's been out long enough.