stock exchanges

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 09:57:22 EST 2008

On Feb 16, 2008 2:23 PM, Thilo Pfennig <tp at pfennigsolutions.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I found that there is a file src/engine/gnc-commodity.h, which contains
> some stock exchanges. Some are missing and they are hardcoded. My
> question or suggestion is:

I've had a few looks at that code myself in preparing fixes to the QIF
importer. It looks like it's in need of a more substantial rewrite to use
GUID's, for example. Another problem: with the stock exchanges being hard
coded, they are also stuck in English (such as "FUND").

>  As the sources says that besides NASDAQ none yet has a real
> function, wouldnt it make sense if the user would be able to add new
> places?

Yes. I'm sure this is just a matter of someone having time to do it, but
even adding a few new hard coded exchanges would be an improvement (such as
"LSE").

-Charles