Setting date range in reports

Rayven01 rayven01 at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 21 12:34:37 EST 2008

Al Hawley wrote:

> I looked at edit->preferences->"Accounting Period" to find where date
> ranges can be set. Changing the ranges here had no visible effect on the
> date ranges in several reports that I used for testing.

Note that some reports (most notably the Account Report) do not let you
specify a date range even if you did find the options.  In order to do an
Account Report for a date range you must first Filter the account register
by date.  Go to 'View->Filter by' and fill in the date range information.
Then run the Account Report on the filtered register.