QIF doc pages

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Feb 27 10:51:22 EST 2008

Quoting Charles Day <cedayiv at gmail.com>:

>> You can set svn:ignore with
>>
>> svn propset svn:ignore "Makefile.in
>> someotherfile
>> *.glob" src/import-utils/qif-import/schemas
>>
>> I think this works even if the directory has not been pushed to the
>> central repository yet.
>>

> I guess what I'm asking is: Do I have to correctly set svn:ignore or any
> other properties before committing? Or can I just do "svn commit" followed
> by "svn up"? That would be nice.  I think the code changes are ready to be
> committed - so it's just a question of whether there is anything special I
> have to do for the new directory and files before "svn commit".

You need to set the properties.  If you have a "good" .svn/config
file then it will set the appropriate properties on new files when you
add them, but you'll have to set svn:ignore yourself.  You can do this
either before OR after commit, but I highly recommend before.
Normally I "svn add" my new directories before I add files to them
because that way it wont accidentally add files I dont want, like
Makefile.in, Makefile, .libs, .deps, etc.

Adding new directories is done infrequently enough that it's usually not a
big deal.