QIF doc pages

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 12:40:48 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 7:51 AM, Derek Atkins <warlord at mit.edu> wrote:

> Quoting Charles Day <cedayiv at gmail.com>:
>
> >> You can set svn:ignore with
> >>
> >> svn propset svn:ignore "Makefile.in
> >> someotherfile
> >> *.glob" src/import-utils/qif-import/schemas
> >>
> >> I think this works even if the directory has not been pushed to the
> >> central repository yet.
> >>

> > I guess what I'm asking is: Do I have to correctly set svn:ignore or any
> > other properties before committing? Or can I just do "svn commit"
> followed
> > by "svn up"? That would be nice.  I think the code changes are ready to
> be
> > committed - so it's just a question of whether there is anything special
> > have to do for the new directory and files before "svn commit".
>
> You need to set the properties.  If you have a "good" .svn/config
> file then it will set the appropriate properties on new files when you
> add them, but you'll have to set svn:ignore yourself.  You can do this
> either before OR after commit, but I highly recommend before.
> Normally I "svn add" my new directories before I add files to them
> because that way it wont accidentally add files I dont want, like
> Makefile.in, Makefile, .libs, .deps, etc.

I have set the svn:ignore property on the schemas directory, using the same
value from its parent (src/import-export/qif-import).  However, I don't have
any .svn/config to my knowledge ("find" couldn't locate one). I see that
files in the parent directory have an svn:keywords property, whereas the two
new files in the schemas directory don't. What is a "good" .svn/config and
where do I get one? And do I need to add an svn:keywords property to the two
new files?

Thanks,
Charles