AUTHORS

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Fri Feb 29 14:07:37 EST 2008

Hi folks,

to me it seems as if we do not really keep the AUTHORS file up-to-date.
At least I tend to hesitate because of the needs to

* describe what patch contributors contributed
* describe possible future work to avoid necessary updates
* decide when "other contributors" evolve to "main developers"
* describe what they do and have done even more verbosely then

So I would like to propose something completely different :-D  What
about simply listing names without email addresses or descriptions,
merging the two categories of contributors and sorting them
lexicographically (as if written in some form of latin letters),
something like the attachment.  I would also offer to gather all the
missing names from 2007 and 2008.

I am not sure what to do with the history part of the file though.

Opinions?

Yours,
-- andi5