missing documentation

Ian Lewis ianmlewis at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 22:45:16 EST 2008

How do you keep your own records? I don't keep these in gnucash. Normally I
just keep the bank notes when I withdraw or deposit money. I then download
the transactions from the bank into Gnucash, and "reconcile" against the
records I have. I put quotes around reconcile because I don't actually use
the gnucash reconcile process (I might if I was running a cash drawer or
something). I just check my records with what was downloaded from the bank.
This process saves me from having to input the transactions one by one into
gnucash. I can just download transactions from the bank and then change them
or dispute them where necessary.

In any case if it doesn't work for you, or you don't like doing that then
there is nothing wrong with entering the transactions yourself and
reconciling that against the bank.

Ian