gnucash hangs on reading older accounts file

Terry fastsnip-bcard at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 5 14:37:12 EST 2008

Okay - I think I'm back online now.  Installing a new computer and
getting it running reliably takes a while.

I asked this question a day or two ago about gnucash hanging when
reading my accounts file. The file was created with the gnucash version
running under Fedora Core 5. Don't know what the version number was
exactly. 1.8.x I'm pretty sure.

I ran the new version under Kubunto 7.10 with the --debug flag and
posted the results.

I have since downloaded the Windows version, Vista, and gnucash hangs
there also on the same accounts file.

Any thoughts on how to get the accounts file readable??

Sorry if a method was posted and I missed it. Been trying to get the new
computer work and between s/w and h/w failures and exchanges, I haven't
been able to pay real close attention to the mailing list.