No HBCI

Thomas Bushnell BSG tb at becket.net
Sat Jan 5 16:03:10 EST 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-05 at 21:36 +0100, John Sved wrote:
> I wrote about this problem in  September.    I am trying to get away
> from Moneyplex and have been using GnuCash for a couple of years off-line.
>
> So I tried to get the HBCI function going on the openSuSE 10.2 i586
> RPM.  No success via the RPM  nor via a compile from source. (I got it
> to compile but no HBCI banking.)

To compile it from source and get HBCI, you need all the relevant
dependencies to be installed and it should Just Work.  Debugging the
problem would be easier if you could post the output of the "configure"
run when you build the program.

As for SuSE, I can't say.  Debian can't distribute binaries that do HBCI
because until recently it wasn't possible to conform to all the license
restrictions on all the various bits of software and still have it.
This is no longer a problem, because there are now alternatives in
place, but they will require some work in gnucash to take advantage of
them.  I don't know the status of that work.

Thomas