No HBCI

Martin Preuss aquamaniac at gmx.de
Sat Jan 5 19:19:54 EST 2008

Hi,

On Samstag, 5. Januar 2008, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
[...]
> As for SuSE, I can't say.  Debian can't distribute binaries that do HBCI
> because until recently it wasn't possible to conform to all the license
> restrictions on all the various bits of software and still have it.
> This is no longer a problem, because there are now alternatives in
> place, but they will require some work in gnucash to take advantage of
> them.  I don't know the status of that work.
[...]

AqBanking3 and its dependencies no longer have these problems since we now use
libgcrypt and GnuTLS.

However, Gnucash's online banking code needs to be ported to use AqBanking3.

Anyway, there are other packagers who provide precompiled binaries of GnuCash
with HBCI support for a variety of distributions (see packman: thank you very
much, guys!!).

Regards
Martin

--
"Things are only impossible until they're not"

Martin Preuss - http://www.aquamaniac.de/
AqBanking - http://www.aqbanking.de/
LibChipcard - http://www.libchipcard.de/