No HBCI

John Sved john.sved at onlinehome.de
Sun Jan 6 12:28:16 EST 2008

On a test machine which normally is not used with gnucash

> Then I tried aqbanking3
>
> 1. uninstall gnucash-2.2.2
> 2. uninstal aqbanking  (the Suse 10.2 default)
> 3. install aqbanking3
> 4. install gnucash-2.2.2   ignore the complaints
>
> Then start gnucash --> Tools --> Online Banking Setup    :)

Then I tried this on the machine which is normally used for gnucash.

No success!

On the test machine there is aqbanking and acqbanking3  and
aqbanking-kde3   (this was necessary to get the aqbanking wizard to run.)

On the work machine:

I removed the gnucash 2.2.1 files compiled from source  ( make unistall
 with the help of Makefile ). I removed the gnucash-2.2.1 RPM.

I uninstalled the aqbanking stuff.

I then installed it again and then installed the gnucash-2.2.2  RPM.
Tools --> Online Banking Setup was missing.

I uninstalled gnucash 2.2.2  and used the openSuSE 10.2 distro gnucash 2.0.2
Then Online Banking Setup was present.
Installing gnucash 2.2.2  over this failed to get Online Banking Setup.

So can gnucash be installed without aqbanking?  Or must aqbanking  or
acqbanking3 be first installed?  Also must aqbanking-kde3 be first
installed?

I have tried many combinations ...........

Meanwhile on the test machine gnucash 2.2.2 Online Banking Setup is
still there to remind me that it can work.

regards,

John