gnucash hangs on older accounts file

Terry fastsnip-bcard at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 6 12:41:15 EST 2008

Okay - reran with the --debug option. This time I got a completely
different output than before. The output this time is simply:

terry at Home-Net:~/financial$ gnucash --debug
gnc.bin-Message: main: binreloc relocation support was disabled at
configure time.

Found Finance::Quote version 1.13
Killed
terry at Home-Net:~/financial$

Opened the performance monitor while gnucash was "running" and checked
gnucash-bin - zero percent of system reported used.

Tried closing the window after a about 3 or 4 minutes and a dialog
opened and stated that the application was not responding and would I
like to terminate or continue running. Terminated.

Previously the output reported a lot of very similar lines about reading
something. The last line was something about "splits" - memory is not a
good way to report a few hundred lines of output.