gnucash hangs on older accounts file

Terry fastsnip-family1 at yaoo.com
Sun Jan 6 17:13:05 EST 2008

posted trace file, /tmp/gnucash.trace

Tried something because of one reply:

booted into Windows Vista and downloaded and installed gnucash 2.2.2.

Copied the old, accounts file backup off the USB drive to my Windows
desktop.

Ran gnucash 2.2.2 and opened the old accounts file.

gnucash hung.

Windows reported gnucash as nonresponding and asked if I wanted to
terminate.

Terminated.

So the current version 2.2.2 under Windows Vista is doing the same thing
as version 2.2.1 under Kubuntu.

I'm assuming of course that the accounts file is OS independent and that
it can be transported transparently from Linux to Windows.