QIF importer treatment of zero-sum split transactions

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 8 08:36:26 EST 2008

Quoting Ian Lewis <ianmlewis at gmail.com>:

>> Would it make sense to provide a boolean checkbox somewhere in the
>> druid if we find one of these transactions to ask the user how to
>> treat them?
>
> Unfortunately, I'm not sure the user would know unless you start asking
> stuff like, "Was this QIF created with Money Dance or <insert bad QIF making
> Quicken version here>?"

Sure they would.   You just have to provide the right context.
For example:

"The Importer found a zero-balance transaction that looks like this:
[insert transaction information here].  Is this correct or are the
amounts inverted?"  [Correct] [Inverted]