Building GnuCash 2.2.2 on Mac OS X without Fink or MacPorts

Jeshua Lacock jeshua at OpenOSX.com
Tue Jan 8 08:56:40 EST 2008

On Jan 7, 2008, at 11:48 PM, Alexander Sotirov wrote:

> The build process hardcodes the install path in all libraries and
> the GnuCash
> binary will not work if the directory is moved. This is probably
> the biggest
> obstacle to turning this into a binary OS X distribution.
> Suggestions on how
> to deal with this are welcome.

Greetings,

I build my whole stack to the prefix /tmp/OpenOSX, and then at run
time I resolve the location the app is installed to, then create a
symbolic link to /tmp/OpenOSX.

This "trick" allows it to be installed anywhere, and works great...

Cheers,

Jeshua Lacock, Owner
<http://OpenOSX.com>
phone: 877.240.1364