Building GnuCash 2.2.2 on Mac OS X without Fink or MacPorts

Alexander Sotirov alex at sotirov.net
Thu Jan 10 00:52:02 EST 2008

On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 09:54:40AM -0500, Derek Atkins wrote:
> I guess ...  so long as you don't need to start X11 FIRST
> then there's probably no reason to worry about it.

On Leopard X11 starts automatically when a program tries to access the path in
the DISPLAY variable. On Tiger the user has to start X11 manually (but if we
have a native wrapper that starts GnuCash it can take care of that).

> How would you feel about putting this into packaging/osx in the
> gnucash source tree?

Sure, let me do a little bit more work on the script before it's ready for
checkin.

Alex