Building GnuCash 2.2.2 on Mac OS X without Fink or MacPorts

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 10 08:21:57 EST 2008

David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net> writes:

> I think the relocatable part requires running install_name_tool on
> every .dylib or .so in gnucash and all dependencies. Something like:
>
> install_name_tool -change /Applications/GnuCash.app/Contents/lib
> @executable_path/../lib GnuCash.app/Contents/libs/libexample.dylib

That's probably not completely sufficient, because Gnome needs
to know where to find ancillary files like schemas, icons, etc.
I'm not sure how to make THAT relocatable..  Although it must
be possible at some level because of the Win32 portable gnucash,
so perhaps it can be done.

> With enough scripting know-how, one could probably do that with a
> single loop. But that's certainly beyond my skills at the moment.

  find . -name \*.dylib -o -name \*.so | xargs install_name_tool -change \