Locales

Albert Lash albert.lash at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 11:10:37 EST 2008

Hello,

I've noticed a few emails on the list about locales and translations
lately, so I thought it might make sense to see if PBooks and GnuCash
could share some translation docs. I looked in the GnuCash source and
found some XML files (nice! - that's how PBooks is handling i18n so
far), and then found some .po files. I also found the txt-to-pot.sh
file, but its  years old - still used? Is GnuCash sticking with .po /
.pot files or are there plans to convert them to XML at some point in
the future?

I'm also happy to report that I finally found the postgres SQL files
from Klaus Dahlke in contrib, so I'm planning to finally get to make a
real comparison of the GnuCash data model with the one I came up with
for PBooks (derived from the standard accounting equation and inspired
by XBRL).

- Albert

--
My Blogs: