GNUCash translation status

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Jan 15 16:44:29 EST 2008

Am Montag, 14. Januar 2008 21:53 schrieb Claude Paroz:
> Seeing that you had some problems in integrating translation status of
> GNUCash in the Translation project, I'd like to propose you to integrate
> http://l10n.gnome.org to track translation status of GNUCash.
>
> I've already discussed this matter with Christian Stimming, and the main
> drawback we currently see is the necessity to have POTFILES.in committed
> in the SVN, like we do for all other GNOME apps, unless intltool-update
> fails.

POTFILES.in now went into SVN. View it here:
http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/branches/2.2/po/POTFILES.in
or download directly here
http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/branches/2.2/po/POTFILES.in

Of course the branch will have to be modified each time we switch to a new
stable branch. I think we will communicate this clearly.

> Translators only need to download the already merged po files (or pot
> file for a fresh new language) to begin complete a translation. It's
> very straightforward, even for non-technical people.
> We could then add a note specific to GNUCash where to submit files
> (bugzilla or email address).

Great. Please add the reference to http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation ;
submitting files works best by email to gnucash-devel (requires subscribing,
but bugzilla requires that as well)

I'll update the instructions in the above wiki page soon - or even you can
update that yourself, as it's a wiki.

Thanks a lot!

Christian