GNUCash translation status

Claude Paroz claude at 2xlibre.net
Thu Jan 17 03:46:56 EST 2008

Le mardi 15 janvier 2008 à 22:44 +0100, Christian Stimming a écrit :
> Am Montag, 14. Januar 2008 21:53 schrieb Claude Paroz:
> > Seeing that you had some problems in integrating translation status of
> > GNUCash in the Translation project, I'd like to propose you to integrate
> > http://l10n.gnome.org to track translation status of GNUCash.
> >
> > I've already discussed this matter with Christian Stimming, and the main
> > drawback we currently see is the necessity to have POTFILES.in committed
> > in the SVN, like we do for all other GNOME apps, unless intltool-update
> > fails.
>
> POTFILES.in now went into SVN. View it here:
> http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/branches/2.2/po/POTFILES.in
> or download directly here
> http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/branches/2.2/po/POTFILES.in
>
> Of course the branch will have to be modified each time we switch to a new
> stable branch. I think we will communicate this clearly.

Good step. Now there's still a problem related to scheme files. You have
a specific procedure not supported by standard intltool (it complains
that intl-scm/guile-strings.c doesn't exist). I can see it was already
discussed some time ago:
http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2005-October/013976.html

In your scheme files, the _ macro is always separated from string with a
space, thus preventing current intltool to detect the string. As I'm
completely lisp/scheme ignorant, is this space mandatory or could it by
batch-removed?

Claude
--
www.2xlibre.net