GNUCash translation status

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jan 17 07:40:18 EST 2008

Quoting Claude Paroz <claude at 2xlibre.net>:

> Good step. Now there's still a problem related to scheme files. You have
> a specific procedure not supported by standard intltool (it complains
> that intl-scm/guile-strings.c doesn't exist). I can see it was already
> discussed some time ago:
> http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2005-October/013976.html
>
> In your scheme files, the _ macro is always separated from string with a
> space, thus preventing current intltool to detect the string. As I'm
> completely lisp/scheme ignorant, is this space mandatory or could it by
> batch-removed?

It is necessary.  The white space is syntactical separation
between the procedure name ("_") and the argument(s) (the string,
in this case).  You cannot remove the white space because the
syntax requires it.

Indeed, this is why we generate guile-strings.c.   Our "make pot"
rule deals with all this.  I suppose we could attempt to include
guile-strings.c in SVN as well if you really can't work with what
we've already got.