Date Options for Reports

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 18 17:44:22 EST 2008

Quoting "David T." <sunfish62 at yahoo.com>:

> I have been bothered by the inconsistency of the date options on reports. I
> have noticed that GC uses "Start of this month", but "Start of current
> quarter"; "Start of ...", but "Current Year Start" and "Previous Year
> Start". I
> would like to see a standardized set of terms:
>
> Option                        Tooltip
> Start of current {interval}   The start of the current {interval}
> Start of previous {interval}  The start of the previous {interval}
>
> along with the same entries under the To: selectbox.
>
> I am not certain, but it looks like these strings are established in
> guile-strings.c. If this is in fact, I attach the results of "diff
> guile-strings.c guile-strings-mine.c" in the hopes that the changes can get
> integrated into the main program.

Bzzt.  guile-strings.c is a magic file, generated solely for the purpose
of translation of scheme strings.  You'll need to search through
the .scm files to find the sources of these strings.

Also, it's POSSIBLE that changing these strings could result in
breaking existing report options, but that would depend on how
they are implemented.

Thanks,