Date Options for Reports

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 17:12:15 EST 2008

I have been bothered by the inconsistency of the date options on reports. I
have noticed that GC uses "Start of this month", but "Start of current
quarter"; "Start of ...", but "Current Year Start" and "Previous Year Start". I
would like to see a standardized set of terms:

Option                        Tooltip
Start of current {interval}   The start of the current {interval}
Start of previous {interval}  The start of the previous {interval}

along with the same entries under the To: selectbox.

I am not certain, but it looks like these strings are established in
guile-strings.c. If this is in fact, I attach the results of "diff
guile-strings.c guile-strings-mine.c" in the hopes that the changes can get
integrated into the main program.

David

Looking for last minute shopping deals?