Issue entering transaction on a new account

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Jan 18 10:04:59 EST 2008

Renato Moutinho <rmsilva_br at yahoo.com> writes:

> Hello there,
>
>     I've noticed that whenever I'm registering a new transaction and I type an account name which doesn't exist, gnucash first tries to match  an existing account (even tought I've already typed enough text to make it obvious that I'm not talking about any account already registered).

Can you provide an example?  As soon as you type more than existing
accounts it should stop trying to match, and indeed that's what it
does here for me.

> I have to type esc, delete the account name (or a portion of it, I'm not certain) and then type it again to make gnucash prompt me to create a new account. I'm interested on working on this issue. Anyone could give a clue on where I should begin looking ? That is, where's the portion of code responsible for handling input ?

A combination of places.  QuickFill and the register.