Guile bug could affect Windows users

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 20:44:46 EST 2008

To all Scheme/Guile developers:

Although the "dirname" and "basename" procedures are not currently used in
any GnuCash source code (.scm files), please be aware that these procedures
do not work properly in Guile 1.6.8 (the version recommended for GnuCash)
running on mingw. This affects those of us who have a Windows build
environment. If you are writing new Scheme code, I would suggest that these
procedures be avoided, at least for now.

I reported the bug on the Guile mailing list a few days ago, along with a
patch to fix it, but haven't heard anything back yet.

Cheers,
Charles