QIF Importer

Charles Day cedayiv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 21:30:45 EST 2008

On Jan 28, 2008 6:10 PM, Ian Lewis <ianmlewis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Charles,
>
> I've mostly been playing with the generic importer and seeing how that
> could be applied to the QIF importer. Nothing practical really. At least at
> this point. While the generic importer would allow the reuse of dialogs, the
> QIF importer requires a relatively high amount of user interaction. The
> generic importer isn't a druid so this would mean showing lots of popups.
> I'm currently at kind of at a loss for how it would best be done so that it
> wouldn't be a worse user experience than what we currently have and without
> introducing too many bugs. I probably need to have a conversation with you
> and/or Derek about it. I wouldn't wait for me necessarily.
>
> I didn't see this bugs before so if you are averse to looking at the C
> side of things I could take a look at them. I'm familiar enough at this
> point with how the druid works to be able to fix something like these but
> you're probably even more famaliar with C than I am. Are they holding you up
> from making other changes?

The C bugs aren't holding me up. I am just stepping away from the Scheme
side for the moment because the next Scheme patches will need to be built on
top of some of those seven patches awaiting review. I think I posted an
eighth patch to the list (rather than Bugzilla) and I don't think that one's
been committed either.

In the meantime, I'm happy to work on druid-qif-import.c if you haven't made
wholesale changes to it already. If you've only made small changes to it
then my changes will probably merge OK with yours. Either one of us could
work on those bugs. I think I've just fixed bug 509089 but I still have to
test it. I'll work on bug 512208 next. If you have time, it would be great
if you could try fixing 512173.

-Charles

Ian