Launchpad for translation? (was: r17241 - gnucash/trunk/po - de.po: improve German translations for a few entries under "File - New". Closes 538900.)

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Wed Jul 9 04:52:24 EDT 2008

Christian Stimming wrote:
>> Can't all this be streamlined?  Launchpad maybe?  It's a breeze and real
>> fun to translate stuff there.
>
> So far no external translation tool was able to set up gnucash translations
> correctly because of our importing of the translation message from C source
> code, Scheme source code, and GConf schema files.

I received a very swift answer and it was a positive one.  I copied your
explanation of gnucash's requirements verbatim into the #launchpad IRC
chat, asked whether launchpad can support that and one of the main devs
answered affirmatively.

Maybe we can test things out some time at
https://translations.launchpad.net/gnucash