weird SWIG syntax error with "inline" keyword

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 9 09:59:22 EDT 2008

Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> writes:

>> Are you sure you have 1.3.31?
>
> Oops, you are right - Derek has 1.3.31, but I have 1.3.29, which means I still
> experience this bug unless I upgrade to some newer versions (where newer
> means newer than May 2006...)
>
> Gnucash currently requires only swig 1.3.28. We either need to upgrade this
> (on trunk) to 1.3.31 or we need to add a workaround for versions lower than
> 1.3.31, which would mean adding "-Dinline=" to SWIG_PYTHON_OPT.

Either way.  I'm happy to just require 1.3.31 (I actually have 1.3.33).
It's only an issue for people building from SVN.  You dont need swig
to build from the distributed tarball, so it's really only an issue for
gnucash developers.