weird SWIG syntax error with "inline" keyword

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Jul 8 18:35:51 EDT 2008

Am Mittwoch, 9. Juli 2008 00:09 schrieb Mark Jenkins:
> Christian Stimming wrote:
> > By the way, one very weird error that I get with SWIG-1.3.31 and your
> > python/swig bindings is this:

> > Turns out swig doesn't like the "inline" keyword at all of the places in
> > the <gnc-numeric.h> header. If I add the option
> >
> >   -Dinline=
> >
> > to the swig call (i.e. defining inline as an empty macro), swig runs
> > without error and the build continues just fine.
>
> That bug was reported here:
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1477756&group_id=1
>645&atid=101645
>
> and the fix made it into the 1.3.31 release here
> http://swig.cvs.sourceforge.net/swig/SWIG/Source/CParse/cscanner.c?r1=1.29&
>r2=1.30&pathrev=rel-1-3-31
>
> Are you sure you have 1.3.31?

Oops, you are right - Derek has 1.3.31, but I have 1.3.29, which means I still
experience this bug unless I upgrade to some newer versions (where newer
means newer than May 2006...)

Gnucash currently requires only swig 1.3.28. We either need to upgrade this
(on trunk) to 1.3.31 or we need to add a workaround for versions lower than
1.3.31, which would mean adding "-Dinline=" to SWIG_PYTHON_OPT.

Christian