ofxdirectconnect in aqbanking3 branch

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Jul 9 10:03:59 EDT 2008

Hi,

Martin Preuss <aquamaniac at gmx.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Mittwoch, 9. Juli 2008, Jerry Jaskierny wrote:
>> David Reiser <dbreiser at earthlink.net> said:
> [...]
>> >   WARN <gnc.import.aqbanking> gnc_ab_gettrans: No accountinfo result
>> > for this account
> [...]
>
> When asked for the list of accounts the bank returns the account number as
> say "xxxxx1234". But when returning statements it only returns a substring
> for the account number (e.g. "1234").
>
> Since GnuCash is directly looking for an AccountInfo object for the expected
> account number (in this example "xxxxx1234") it doesn't succeed.
>
> The solution would be for GnuCash to scan the AccountInfos available and
> compare the account number by itself, assuming a match if there is a
> substring match.
>
> Or: rather than calling AB_ImExporterContext_FindAccountInfo() I suggest using
> code like this:

Doesn't GnuCash/AQB already know the account number/information when it
sent the statement request in the first place?  The only potential issue
I can see is if the bank shares account numbers across multpiple accounts
of different types, but one would hope there's some way to differentiate
between Checking and Savings accounts.  (My Credit Union does this).