Add Additional Column to Register Report (PATCH INCLUDED)

Robert Stocks robert.stocks at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 17:58:55 EDT 2008

Ok, Attached is a new patch that implements the first part of this suggestion.
This updates the register report, to include a memo option and
reprogram the description option

Becasue this report picks up some settings from the register when
launched there are 4 situations in which you should test it.

The double line mode controls the notes field (i have not added the
option to change this after initial load) You should test with this
setting both on and off.

The Basic Ledger mode - will promote the memos to a new column which
can be hidden with the memo option.
   - the description option will remove the description

In Transaction Journal (or Auto Split) mode - the memo, notes and
description are all shown in the same column, and the options work as
expected.

it's late and I am tired so shout if the above does not make sense,

I will have a look at adding the Notes option next, but I think the
above is ready for commiting.

The attached file (SAMPLE) contains a sample transaction that I found
very usefull when debuging this, each field simply contains it's name,
very handy)

--
Robert