Feature proposal: shortened drop down list of accounts for entering transactions

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Fri Jul 11 13:39:19 EDT 2008

Hi,

Glen Ditchfield wrote:
> I agree with Derek.

OK, so let me ask you the still unanswered question about the number of
the accounts in your COA as well.

> Again, it helps if the names of
> sibling accounts are unique in the first few characters.

And another rhetorical question: Do you use a standardized COA or one
that you devised yourself?

Basically, I know the answer to both questions.  I'm just trying to open
your and Derek's eyes to the fact that it is not necessarily true that
the situation you find yourself in applies to everyone else in the world
as well.

That being said, I am not arguing that the point being discussed here is
an absolute necessity, even with SKR.  It would probably make life
easier, but the resolution of bugs 144669 and 129099 should already go a
long way to solving the problem of a way to enter transactions in an
SKR-based gnucash file that still allows you to hold on to your sanity.

Regards

Rolf

PS: resolution of bug 371581 would really help, though!