gnucash release?

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Thu Jul 31 03:47:57 EDT 2008

Hi Thomas,

On Mi, 2008-07-30 at 19:03 -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> I was expecting the 2.2.6 release and I'm now quite nervous.  The Debian
> freeze has begun.  If 2.2.6 shows up soon--really soon--then the release
> team will probably allow it in.  Otherwise, we will be stuck in one way
> or another vis a vis HBCI support.  Last email I saw on the subject had
> a release target of last weekend.  What's the current thinking?
>
> Thomas

I am sorry, but I was nervous as well :-)

The tarball was made on Sunday so that subsequently the windows
setup.exe could have been built within a few hours and the release been
announced on Monday morning UTC.  Unfortunately, the libtool version
used to build the tarball made a major version bump to 2.2.4 on my linux
host and this made the Windows build fail.  That was unexpected and
untested, I am sorry for that mistake.  The quick solution now was to
use an SVN checkout of the same code used to create the tarball[1].
That is also what is recommended to fellow Windows developers if they
actually wanted to build from the tarball.  The issue will be worked on
so that I will be fixed or worked around for the next release of
GnuCash.

I am sorry for the inconvenience and hope the version otherwise fulfills
the desired hopes :-)

I would like to thank Nathan Buchanan for his efforts to save this
release!

Ciao,
-- andi5

[1] The revision showed on the splash screen may differ from the one
showed on other systems, because the head of the stable branch was
essentially still the same.