gnucash mac question

Sean D'Entremont sdent64 at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 30 22:30:33 EDT 2008

I was wondering if there were any plans for releasing a current version of gnucash to run natively on the mac with a simple installer.  I got it working with macports on leopard, but the potential for gnucash to replace quicken for me would be greater if there was a quick install in case all goes to heck with my computer/financial data.  I think a lot of mac users might be more willing to switch to gnucash as well, if there was an easy install and non-x11 version.  As it is, I point a lot of people to ubuntu and the version that is available on that distro, but just thought i would inquire about the mac's future with gnucash.  Thanks,

~Sean