Add Additional Column to Register Report (PATCH INCLUDED)

Robert Stocks robert.stocks at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 03:19:59 EDT 2008

2008/6/24 Charles Day <cedayiv at gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Charles Day <cedayiv at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks. Since you've already added the "memo" changes, I'll forget about
>> the patch and try to test this version later today.
>>

> Robert, did you realize that the register report already shows memos if the
> "Description" display option is checked? It puts them on the split lines
> underneath the "Description" heading.
>
> Checking or unchecking the new "Memo" option that you've added didn't seem
> to make any difference to the report output in my testing. I don't even see
> a new column heading, for example. Perhaps (opt-val "__reg" "journal") is
> always evaluating to #t for some reason. Any advice on how to get the new
> column to appear?
>
> -Charles

Charles,

Thanks for looking at this.

I worked out that  (opt-val "__reg" "journal") is set based on the
view the register is in when you open the report,
setting it to Single Line provides the #f in this option.

The reason I put the test for (opt-val "__reg" "journal") was because
the memo option is redundant when the register is set to show splits.

I refer you to my requirement (producing a report for a "Loan to:
Friend" account.)

I need the Split Memo, Date, Amount and Description for those parts of
the split that affect the selected account only, and do not want to
see any other parts of the split.

Example Transaction Phone bill (2 phones on account one is mine other
is a friends)