building gda-dev2 on windows XP Pro SP2

Nathan Buchanan nbinont at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 01:40:10 EST 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 11:23 PM, Karim B <karimb at comcast.net> wrote:

> Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Try checking out the gda-dev2 branch in the "appropriate place"
> > manually.
> >
> > -derek
> >
> > Quoting Karim Bahai <karimb at comcast.net>:
> >
> >> Hi all,
> >> I can successfully build gnucash using the install.sh script file on my
> >> XP system.  Now I want to try building the gda-dev2 branch as well.
> >>
> >> I grabbed everything from the packaging/win32 directory in the gda-dev2
> >> branch, and placed it in the c:\soft\packaging directory.  When I run
> >> the install.sh script from an msys window it goes off and churns for a
> >> while, I see it building the libgda piece but it looks like it's still
> >> building gnucash from the main trunk instead of the gda-dev2 branch.
> >>
> >> Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks.
> >> Karim B.

> What is the appropriate place?  I went into the c:/soft/gnucash/repos
> directory and did an svn switch to the gda-dev2 branch but a checkout
> then created a c:/soft/gnucash/repos/gda-dev2 directory were it dropped
> the gda-dev2 files.  Is that where they should go?

The default is to check out http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/trunk/ to
c:/soft/gnucash/repos

You will need to checkout (or switch) c:/soft/gnucash/repos to have a
checkout of http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/branches/gda-dev2

This can be done manually or you can remove c:/soft/gnucash/* , add
REPOS_URL="http://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/branches/gda-dev2" to your
custom.sh and re-run install.sh

> Thanks,
> Karim B

"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there" - Will Rogers