building gda-dev2 on windows XP Pro SP2

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sat Mar 15 16:28:36 EDT 2008

Related to getting started. (now that my "post fire" life is more or
less back to normal -- sorry for the long delay)

I haven't ever done any "work" in the Windows environment before. Which
means I don't have a set of development tools. Anybody willing to make
some suggestions? What open source compliers. etc. and since LISP is
involved, that too (is there such a thing as emacs for Windows?). I am
also open to suggestions for books* (we lost about 2500 including all my
computer science, math, etc.). Level? A retired senior systems analyst
who has probably written a couple hundred thousand lines of code in my
day but limited experience with "small machines" like personal computers.

If I am going to be of any use, time to get started.

Michael D Novack, FLMI

* I used to get by mainly with old ones (R&K for C, etc.). So I don't
know what's current, especially with regard to "standards". I have till
November with the insurance reimbursements.

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality of the grave.