building gda-dev2 on windows XP Pro SP2

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sun Mar 16 08:38:12 EDT 2008

> I haven't done much work on Gnucash on Linux or Windows but I was able
> to get it to compile under Windows by following the instructions on
> this page:
>
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows
>
> There are a few manual steps and then a script that downloads and
> installs a bunch of tools and then compiles the code.
>
> I still haven't figured out how to just compile the local code, the
> default scripts seem to go out to the svn repository and pull down the
> latest code every time.
> Anyone know anything about debugging Gnucash under windows?

I should have been more explicit about my situation?

I cannot do downloads here -- especially not downloads of unknown size.
In other words, in need the sort of information that one gives to a
download/burning service that I have them get me the software on CD or
DVD that I can then install. It really isn't practical working it any
other way (can't ever get a net data transfer much faster than 3000
bytes/second over just a phone line).

Michael