building gda-dev2 on windows XP Pro SP2

Andreas Köhler andi5.py at gmx.net
Sun Mar 16 11:00:16 EDT 2008

Hi,

Am Sonntag, den 16.03.2008, 09:28 -0500 schrieb Mike or Penny Novack:
> Andreas,
>
>     I think we are getting somewhere
>
> >Please take a look at
> >http://svn.gnucash.org/trac/browser/gnucash/branches/gda-dev2/packaging/win32
> >

>      So I would want to get the compiler (and presumably including a
> link-editor) here?  "This is achieved by using the mingw32/gcc compiler
> environment". Where do I go for that?

install.sh creates that environment for you, given the settings in
defaults.sh and optionally custom.sh.  The mingw32/gcc compiler
environment we set up consists basically of BINUTILS,
GCC_CORE, GCC_GPP, MINGW_RT, W32API, MINGW_MAKE and of course MSYS
which you need to run install.sh at all.

>      Especially because of the time required to "make" the whole kit and
> caboodle, I would want to be able to compile and link edit individual
> components (and yes, my background is in that sort of environment where
> programmers/analysts were expected to be able to determine if their
> change was going to affect anything globally (remake the whole thing) or
> entirely local (recompile and relink just the altered component). That
> is of course just for TESTING as changes are developed.

You will be able to run `make` within a subdirectory of BUILD_DIR of
choice and `${WIN32_PACKAGING}/make_install` to install it.  Feel free
to provide improvements here.

> >Pre-compiled versions of emacs can be found
> >at ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/ (if you want to use miktex as
> >well, take a look at
> >http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex/download-for-windows.html )
> >

>      Thanks. Any chance there is a gvim equivalent for Windows? Or any
> other suggested "language sensitive" editors?

I have no clue and incentive to actually change that ;-)

-- andi5