Vista (progress? estimate?)

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Sat Mar 22 12:02:57 EDT 2008

Derek Atkins wrote:

> Um, I've heard no news that 2.2.4 doesn't work on Vista.  Does 2.2.4
> NOT work on vista?

That's why I am asking. I don't (thank goodness) have a Vista machine
here at the moment. The last discussions about this problem were around
October with the problem then not resolved (there was a work around, but
not the sort of thing I could tell an 'end user" to do). AFAIK there
hasn't been an "all fixed now" posting.

I am just trying to be proactive. The "replacement" part of our
insurance will reimburse for a number of machines (at various different
amounts for each) so I have to figure out how best to juggle. I was able
to get use of GnuCash approved (replacing QuickBooks Pro "nonprofit" --
more precisely NOT replacing this software post fire) but need to look
ahead how to maintain that decision. I have board approval NOT to
replace the machine dedicated to chapter financials under the assumption
that anybody becoming treasurer would probably already have more
machines in their house than room for (don't we all). But doing it that
way means my being able to install the software on the new treasurer's
machine and I can't specify "must still be running XP" (so if not OK on
Vista by this Fall, I would get an inexpensive laptop running XP for
"dedicated")

Michael